Climate of Bangui, Central African Republic Average Weather
- Bangui, Central African Republic is at 4°24'N, 18°31'E, 365 m (1198 ft). See map.
- Bangui has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Aw) with a pronounced dry season in the low-sun months , no cold season, wet season is in the high-sun months.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Bangui is situated in or near the subtropical moist forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 26 degrees Celsius (78.7 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 2.5 °C (4.5°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype extremely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1560 mm (61.4 inches) which is equivalent to 1560 Litres/m² (38.26 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2098 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Bangui you would come out nearest to the climate station at Napari, Tabuaeran, Kiribati where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
The climate table uses colour to represent the data so you can get a good idea about the climate at a glance. The colour also helps when comparing two or more locations that you can switch between in separate tabs in your browser. There are links along the side and top to the various sections where we are adding additional details including in the new discussion section where you can read and add posts about the various aspects!
Climate of Bangui, Central African Republic Discussion
We are pleased to announce the release of the new discussion section. Here you will discover a wealth of knowledge about the various aspects of the local climate presented by our international community. We would like to invite you to help get discussion started by visiting those locations you are familiar with. Is there something noteworthy about the climate there that you can enlighten us about? Discussion is subdivided into specific topics such as the months of the year and aspects such as day length and temperature. When you have an idea of something fascinating to share please visit the specific page most fitting and add your post using the simple interface. No registration or third party network login is necessary.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Garoua, Cameroon - 788.6 kms (490 miles) NW
- Sarh, Chad - 528.4 kms (328.3 miles) N
- Moundou, Chad - 536.6 kms (333.4 miles) NNW
- Ngaoundere, Cameroon - 638.2 kms (396.6 miles) WNW
- Yoko, Cameroon - 693.2 kms (430.7 miles) W
- Batouri, Cameroon - 460.1 kms (285.9 miles) W
- Yaounde, Cameroon - 778.9 kms (484 miles) W
- Lomie, Cameroon - 561.1 kms (348.7 miles) WSW
- Mkambo, Gabon - 632.9 kms (393.3 miles) SW
- Makokou, Gabon - 758.6 kms (471.4 miles) SW
- Makoua, Republic Of The Congo-Brazzaville - 585.3 kms (363.7 miles) SSW