Bangui Climate & Temperature
- Bangui, Central African Republic is at 4°24'N, 18°31'E, 365 m (1198 ft). See map.
- Bangui has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Aw) with a pronounced dry season in the low-sun months , no cold season, wet season is in the high-sun months.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Bangui is situated in or near the subtropical moist forest biome.
- The mean temperature is 26 degrees Celsius (78.7 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 2.5 °C (4.5°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype extremely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1560 mm (61.4 inches) which is equivalent to 1560 Litres/m² (38.26 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2098 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Bangui you would come out nearest to the climate station at Napari, Tabuaeran, Kiribati where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Bangui, Central African Republic Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Garoua, Cameroon - 788.6 kms (490 miles) NW
- Sarh, Chad - 528.4 kms (328.3 miles) N
- Moundou, Chad - 536.6 kms (333.4 miles) NNW
- Ngaoundere, Cameroon - 638.2 kms (396.6 miles) WNW
- Yoko, Cameroon - 693.2 kms (430.7 miles) W
- Batouri, Cameroon - 460.1 kms (285.9 miles) W
- Yaounde, Cameroon - 778.9 kms (484 miles) W
- Lomie, Cameroon - 561.1 kms (348.7 miles) WSW
- Mkambo, Gabon - 632.9 kms (393.3 miles) SW
- Makokou, Gabon - 758.6 kms (471.4 miles) SW
- Makoua, Republic Of The Congo-Brazzaville - 585.3 kms (363.7 miles) SSW